Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Observation!


I'm back again!  Okay, so today we have some observational sketches!  I think one of the most important things to keep up with consistently is life/observational drawing.  Especially in animation and illustration.  It keeps you fresh and gets you out of any ruts you may have gotten yourself into.  It totally loosens you up and gets your mind OFF of "style"  which is something most younger artist are so focused on.
Most importantly, it keeps you from repeating yourself.  These are a few sketches from lunch at Luby's, its a great place to go for drawing older folks.  The third sketch is something I did while waiting to get my tire repaired.  I try to take my sketch book wherever I go.  You never know when that great inspiration will strike you!  I've still got a loooooong way to go with life/observational drawing, but I'm gonna keep on trucking!!!  Remember to have fun while you draw!  Long live pencil & paper!!!

No comments: