Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whataburger wait...


Good day to all and to all a good day; or something like that?  Anyway,  the other day I walked into a Whataburger and sitting there waiting for his food was this guy.  It was one on those situations where I left my sketchbook back at the studio and was kicking myself for it!  So, without making it obvious I took a few quick observational glances and later that night I just let it all pour out on the paper!  I wish you could have seen him, this guy was OOOOZING with personality!  Man!  This character design doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the real thing!  Keep drawing and animating!  Long live pencil & paper!  
 

3 comments:

Joey said...

dude that's awesome!

Dean said...

Way to go Sam! Great observation! You definitely nailed that drawing, I remember, I was there standing in line with. Awesome drawing!

Sam Lotfi said...

Thanks guys, but It still has a long way to go...it stll lacks appeal and refinement in the design. I appreciate the comps though.