Friday, June 12, 2009

HULK Inks!

So, I thought I'd show you guys a tiny peek into my process...(more tutorials/process stuff coming soon).  After I'm done pencilling the character (this can also be applied to drawing comic book pages) I'll ink the pencil drawing RIGHT ON THE ORIGINAL!!! AAAAAAAAAH!  I know this can be kinda intimidating for some of you out there.  If you're worried about ruining the original pencils or want to keep them - here's an option for you:  Slap a new sheet of paper on top of the original pencils and use a lightbox to ink OVER the original.  But I usually like to ink over my original pencils (it gives it more character)  plus I"ll usually scan in the pencils at a higher resolution for keepsake.  NEXT, I'm always searching for the next best inking tool out there... everytime I'm at an art supply store.  What I've been using lately (and really enjoy) are the Faber-Castell PITT artist pens; small, medium, brush pen, HOWEVER!  If you like to use "brush pens" I've found one thats WAY BETTER than the faber-castell brush pen.  I'm sure you've noticed that the point on the brush gets dull over time (very much like a sharpie tip).  Fear NOT!  There is a better solution:  Pentel Color Brush Pen(black #101)!  This baby actually behaves like a REAL BRUSH!  and keeps its point!  It takes a little practice at first especially if you don't normally use a brush to ink, but once you get that hang of it  - you can really move fast!  With the above drawing I used a combo of the Pentel Brush pen and Faber-Castell Pitt pen (small) for fine lines.  Well, hope I didn't bore anybody with this little insight.  Next:  On to Photoshop for COLOR!!! 

No comments: