Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Draw Night!


Okay... so we'll still be continuing the HULK color tutorial...not skipping it, but for now I got some Draw Night sketches I wanted to post.  We tried out a new coffee shop that had a laid back atmosphere and a variety of colorful characters to draw.  Here are a few I did that I was happy with.  If you don't already go to a draw night once a week... I highly recommend that you find one or start one - even if it just starts with you alone for a while.  It's a great exercise for creativity and really encourages you to try new things/experiment more.  Remember to have fun though!  Long live pencil and paper! 

4 comments:

Chris said...

Rockin', man! Just curious, how do you get such clean pictures out of a sketchbook? Do you scan, or photograph?

Sam Lotfi said...

Thanks Chris,
Yeah, I scan them in at 300 dpi/resolution and then reduce that to 72 dpi. You get a sharper image that way.

zieglarf said...

Draw Night?!

Sam Lotfi said...

Hi Frank,
Yes...Draw Night! Call a few of your artist friends, find a good locations with lots of people to draw, and DRAW! Its REVOLUTIONARY! Just kidding...if you haven't done this yet I think you should try. AND Most importantly: Remember to have FUN!